Dean's Blog

Wednesday, June 14, 2006

day in review

Yesterday was a mixed bag of things. Joaquin picked me up at 8am to head to a nice breakfast in Milburn. We took a short walk in that village, ran a few errands and headed back to Maplewood. The apartment had water-line problems and there was heavy machinery on the lawn digging a DEEP hole to solve the problem. I now have water, but it was ugly. J took me to my parents place in the early afternoon and I arrived to a lot of confusion and problems with my parents. Their memories are really failing them and it's hard to believe they can't remember even the day before's instructions. They even demonstrated that they can't retain much even within the few hours. Not the best visit as many difficult topics had to be talked about, and unfortunately there is not a lot of comprehension on their part. I left dejected and stunned at their emotional and mental decline. I arrived in Maplewood and decided to head to the diner for a big dinner where the staff greeted me really cheered me up- Bigtime! Such kind-hearted people and it actually helped set off the tough scene just prior with my folks. I stood outside with my neighbor for one hour just talking neighborhood news, gossip and fun stuff, then entered my apartment for the night. I called my brother to discuss my parents and hung up feeling better...so I did get a good night's sleep...Thank you EVERYONE along the way for the help! :-)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home